Job title: Chief Investigator
Classification: Strategic Leadership (under review) (permanent, full-time)
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Salary: Under review.
The Representative for Children and Youth, an independent officer of the B.C. Legislature, works to influence positive change to B.C.’s child-, youth- and young adult-serving system. The Representative’s Office provides advocacy support to people dealing with the service system and advocates directly on behalf of children, youth and young adults, monitors and reviews government services to children and youth and reviews and sometimes investigates deaths and critical injuries of children and youth who are receiving services.
Reporting to the Deputy Representative and participating as a member of RCY’s Executive, the Chief Investigator (CI) leads a province-wide program to review, investigate and report on the critical injuries and deaths of children and youth receiving reviewable services. The CI leads a team of staff and is responsible for policy and procedure development, human resources, budget and financial management.
The Representative for Children and Youth is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. To support this, we welcome diversity throughout our organization.
- This position is excluded from union membership
- An eligibility list may be established for similar positions within the same geographic location for a period of up to one year.
- Preference may be given to Indigenous applicants
- Travel is required. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational needs of the Office of the Representative for Children and Youth. Use of private vehicle may be required.
- The successful applicant requires a police record check and is subject to a criminal record review.
- Review the job profile
- Submit a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant work experience and how you meet the stated qualifications
- Include the position title and competition number on the cover letter and in the email subject line
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who pass the initial screening based on the education and experience qualifications specified in the job profile will be considered for the next step in the selection process. Your resume and cover letter must therefore clearly specify how your education and experience meet the required job qualifications. Please be as clear and specific as possible. Ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job-related responsibilities. If you do not clearly identify how you meet the education and experience requirements for the position, your application will not be considered. Please note that the content and/or format of your cover letter and resume may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Only those applications submitted to the Office of the Representative for Children and Youth directly by email will be considered. DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on the BC Government Hiring Centre website.
Please note that incomplete applications or late applications will not be evaluated or acknowledged.
Your application must be received at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 20th, 2017.
By submitting your application, you certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. Any information provided in your application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate you from further consideration for employment or may result in dismissal.
Linda Shout, Director, Human Resources