Recent News | VIEW ALL

Effective Approaches for Reducing Childhood Anxiety

Practical and effective interventions to assist families and practitioners helping young people with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond ...

Representative’s Statement in response to government’s proposed changes to the Mental Health Act

I want to express my concerns about the lack of balance that the provincial government has taken in its approach ...

Representative’s Statement on National Indigenous Peoples Day

Today, as we recognize National Indigenous Peoples Day, the very first thing we are called upon to do is to ...

Representative’s Statement on Child and Youth in Care Week

Well, this is certainly not the 10th annual Child and Youth in Care Week we were expecting. COVID-19 has thrown ...


I need braces and I have asked my social worker and have not received an answer yet. It’s been six months. Can you help me get the braces I need?

One of our advocates can help you by requesting that the social worker answer your question as soon as possible ...
View Answer

I live in a group home. Can you help get me a transfer?

If you are unhappy where you've been placed, the Rep's office can help you think of ways to solve a ...
View Answer

I live in a group home and I am turning 19 soon. Am I able to stay here, or do I have to move?

When you turn 19, you are no longer considered a child in care and you cannot typically live in a ...
View Answer

I have been in the same foster home for three years, and now I have to move, but I don’t want to. What should I do?

It might be possible for you to stay with your foster family, but each young person's situation is different. The ...
View Answer

Videos | VIEW ALL