Recent News | VIEW ALL

Effective Approaches for Reducing Childhood Anxiety

Practical and effective interventions to assist families and practitioners helping young people with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond ...

Representative’s Statement in response to government’s proposed changes to the Mental Health Act

I want to express my concerns about the lack of balance that the provincial government has taken in its approach ...

Representative’s Statement on National Indigenous Peoples Day

Today, as we recognize National Indigenous Peoples Day, the very first thing we are called upon to do is to ...

Representative’s Statement on Child and Youth in Care Week

Well, this is certainly not the 10th annual Child and Youth in Care Week we were expecting. COVID-19 has thrown ...


What services can the Representative offer to my foster child?

Part of the Representative’s role is to ensure that the programs and services in place are meeting the needs of ...
View Answer

The social workers involved are not listening to me. I feel so frustrated, what can I do?

First, discuss your concerns with the team leader. If the problem persists, each region has a Dispute Resolution Office you ...
View Answer

My kids were apprehended by the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Can you help me to get my kids back?

For matters before the court, you need to engage a lawyer to assist you. Our advocates cannot act as lawyers ...
View Answer

Videos | VIEW ALL