JUNE 13, 2014

Ministry of Children and Family Development Complaints Process

A complaint is accepted if it is about a decision, act or failure to act related to an MCFD service or a delegated service provided by a Delegated Aboriginal Agency.

Community Living BC Complaints Process

Complaints are accepted about:

  • How you were treated by a CLBC staff person.
  • A funding or allocation decision.
  • The quality of services provided by one of our contracted service providers.
  • How an individual’s personal information has been handled.
  • A situation where the rights of an individual supported by CLBC were not respected.
  • Concerns relating to CLBC’s policies and procedures.

The Advocate for Service Quality

The Advocate’s job is to help adults with developmental disabilities and transitioning youth with special needsand their families have access to supports and services that are available. If you have a problem with services you can contact the Advocate and request assistance to resolve any complaints you may have.


The Office of the Ombudsperson receives enquiries and complaints about the practices and services of  public agencies within its jurisdiction, and investigates whether public agencies have acted fairly and consistent with relevant legislation, policies and procedures. 

Teacher Regulation Branch, Ministry of Education

Among other things, the TRB supports the work of the Commissioner for Teacher Regulation.  The Commissioner accepts complaints from students, parents and the public on professional misconduct or conduct unbecoming, in relation to teachers and administrators in the education system.

Information and Privacy Commissioner

If you need help with resolving a privacy complaint, or if you are not getting access to records that you believe should be disclosed to you, the Commissioner may be able to help.