Recent News | VIEW ALL

Detained: Rights of children and youth under the Mental Health Act

In a new report released today, B.C.’s Representative for Children and Youth Jennifer Charlesworth says the provincial government must act ...

Representative’s statement on birth alerts

The Representative for Children and Youth’s Office has on multiple occasions in the past spoken out against the practice of ...

A Parent’s Duty: Government’s Obligation to Youth Transitioning into Adulthood

B.C.’s Representative for Children and Youth Jennifer Charlesworth is recommending long-overdue changes to supports for youth transitioning out of government ...
/ Reports, Reports and Publications

Illuminating Service Experience: A Descriptive Analysis of Injury and Death Reports for First Nations Children and Youth in B.C., 2015 to 2017

Representative for Children and Youth Jennifer Charlesworth today released a report examining critical injuries and deaths of First Nations children ...


I am separating from my wife and she won’t let me share custody of our children. Can you help me gain custody of my children?

Custody and access situations are not designated services under our legislation. You should obtain the services of a lawyer in ...
View Answer

I am separated from my husband and the courts require my son to go see his father but he doesn’t want to go. Can you help my son’s voice be heard in the courts?

Under our legislation, the Office of the Representative for Children and Youth cannot assist in custody and access situations. You ...
View Answer

I am concerned about my children’s safety when they are with their mother. Can you help me ensure their safety?

If you have a concern about your children’s safety, contact the Children’s Helpline at 310-1234, or by dialing 0 and ...
View Answer

Why should I call the Rep?

You may feel like you are not being heard, or may feel unsupported in your community. You may not be ...
View Answer

Videos | VIEW ALL